Re: desktop samba mount icons

Alex,

Actually, I'm using uid and gid, not user, but I guess it amounts to the
same issue.

I'm not so willing to change that...it's a nice set up for me.

For what it's worth, I'd like to suggest that you should either be able
to disable this feature or at least allow the mounts to reside in a
"Network Neighborhood"-type folder rather than putting them all on the
desktop.  Really, any idea that would prevent the desktop clutter would
be great.

Other than this one issue, and to try to keep from sounding whiny, I'd
like to thank you and everyone working on gnome for the work you've
done...unix is a much tamer beast these days.

Regards,

Fred