Re: Where are my nautilus icons??

Sean Eichhorn wrote:

Alexander Larsson wrote:

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Sean Eichhorn">

Ok, I just did a complete reinstall from the ground up of my linux box. Gnome2 (mostly from 2.1, some CVS) and I am not seeing any theme stuff. i.e. No home icon, no trash icon, no mime-icons, they are ALL that plain
white paper icon, with the turned corner.

Make sure /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme is set to 'gnome'.

Note that it has to be "gnome", not "Gnome" that recent control-center set it to.

It is.
I think nautilus is searching another path for the icons, but I don't know where. Even if the theme was missing it should pull the Mime types from /usr/local/share/pixmaps/document-icons right?
But it's not.
Is there any way to double check where it searches for icons??

Ok, more info. I discovered that nautilus is indeed seeing the mime type. If i right click on something and go to properties, the correct mime type is being displayed. I also ran the "file types and programs" capplet in the Applications menu,it shows that all the mime-types are correctly associated with icons. So I'm guessing that for some reason the code that displays mime type icons is the problem...
I'm still looking, but any ideas would be helpful.