Nautilus crash

Hi guys. You know I am facing a problem with Nautilus
and I am seeking for some troubleshooting guidance.
If this list does not provide troubleshooting support
then: I am really sorry guys - I didn't know that when
I was writting this mail - I understand that such erre
levant mails are really annoying, so, delete this mail
(  and sende me , if you please,  a  link  with  trou
bleshooting support for Nautilus). But if things  are
not like this -well- : I am using the GNOME of the RH8.
This morning I "killed" Nautilus and the GNOME's graphi
cal interface seized to exist (This is normal - I know).
However, yet I have not managed to restart the Nautilus
deamon and I can not use gnome (when I enter GNOME the
screen is black and only three icons and a bar at the top
of the screen appear on the desktop). So I have to kill
the session. Whatsmore, trying to run several gnome pro
grams from windowmaker (e.g. gnome-help) seems to have
resulted in the creation of verious "locek" files here
and there in my file system (KDE reports something about
.gconfd/lock which I can not trace). So how do restart
Nautilus and remove the lock files? Ohhh ... and I shou
ldn't forget: Is it normal that even when I reboot the
computer, Nautilus doesn't get running again? I ask this
because at Mandrake8.2 this teqnique worked just fine. By
the way: Why at the same situation, at Mandrake8.2, so
meone can restart the killed Nautilus from the panel,
while on RH8 this is impossible?
	Thanks, in advance.