Freezes after file deletion

Hello,

Did some searching and didn't find this anywhere.  Apologies if, in
fact, it has been discussed.

I have an mp3 directory.  In that directory are sub-directories for
individual albums.  There are .m3u files in the top mp3 directory for
each subdirectory.

I ended up deleting these .m3u files, through Nautilus and found that
Nautilus was no longer able to browse the directory.  It would freeze
and I would end up having to kill Nautilus.

I tried moving all the mp3 directories to a different directory ('Tunes'
as opposed to 'Mp3') and the same thing happened.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks.