Re: [Usability]Re: Nautilus Preference Proposal (screenshots too!!!!)

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 22:00, Darryl Rees wrote:
> Actually it would be nice to be able to configure *any* folder to be
> used as your desktop - I guess I just lost all credibility with this
> comment.

I've heard this suggestion before and I think it actually could be
useful to have the user be able to dynamically change the desktop
folder... imagine, say, in a law firm... they've got their fileserver
set up so that their files are ordered into a hierarchy of client
reference numbers and then matter numbers... a member of that firm might
want to have the desktop list the contents of either a client folder or
a matter folder... or imagine on a programming team, being able to look
at a subsection of the project as your desktop, and then move to another
folder...

Anyways, just an idea... maybe too abstract and likely off topic...

-jag

Joshua Adam Ginsberg	       Cellphone: 713.478.1769
Rice University '02	       Email: joshg myrealbox com
St. Mark's School of Texas '98
safety." - Benjamin Franklin