Re: [patch] pluggable property dialog pages

On 25 Oct 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 18:56, James Willcox wrote:
> > > Michael said on irc that changing the view creation to use the async
> > > NautilusView control activation functions might be good. He also suggested
> > > that maybe we should use plain Bonobo components instead of NautilusViews,
> > > which might make sense.
> >
> > Yeah, I think using async activation is definitely a good idea.  I am
> > not sure why we wouldn't want to use NautilusView though.
>
> 	It's far heavier, and we only want 1 method 'setURI' :-) in general
> it's good to have less complexity IMHO.

I agree with this.

> 	We should also use a property on it 'URI' or something, and we should
> set that asynchronously too; there is a method in
> eel/eel-gnome-extensions.[ch] that sets a property asynchronously - I'd
> very much appreciate someone making up a patch to merge that into
> libbonobo for 2.2.

Yes. I'd love for someone to systematically go over the eel extensions and
move over stuff to bonobo/gnome-vfs/libgnome etc, and then remove them
from eel. There are lots of small utility functions in eel that just plain
make programming in gnome nicer.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a gun-slinging chivalrous werewolf looking for a cure to the poison
coursing through his veins. She's a wealthy African-American doctor with only
herself to blame. They fight crime!