Re: [Usability]Re: PATCH: Bug 82107, Turn off nautilus sidebar and location bar by default

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 00:37, Damien Covey wrote:
> I personally would hate to see the location bar go.  The dumbing down of
> the interface is one reason that I have left WinXP behind me in
> preference for Linux.  And even for "non advanced" users it is usefull
> to have to location bar there.  How else can I obtain from a user over
> the phone what directory they are in.  The answer "temp" doesnt really
> help me much, it could be /home/user/temp/ or /temp.  I'm sure there are
> other circumstances where this is the case.

The answer is "Hold down the key with the words "ctrl" and press l". Or
just have them go to view->location bar.

Also, FWIW, ctrl-l's behavior is very convinent. You press it and it
starts with the location bar text highlighted. You type what you want,
and when you press enter it magically disappears again.

-Seth