Re: PATCH: Bug 82463

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 15:36, Seth Nickell wrote:

> If opening new windows is an important/common operation the existing
> system is *excellent*.

Of course this directly leads back to my patch for bug 82107 and the
question of browser vs object metaphor. In a browser ui, yes "new
window" is powerful, but I agree with you that a browser ui is limiting
at best, and that an object metaphor is much better for a desktop
shell/file manager. Using the object metaphor "new window" really
becomes confusing (new window where?).

Dave