Re: PATCH: Bug 82463

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:10, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> Some people suggested renaming New window to "Open Home dir" or something.
> I think this misses the point of the operation. You open a new window
> because you need another one to manipulate files. The fact that it opens
> the default directory is a byproduct

I'm not convinced it is a byproduct, it's a key point-- because it
doesn't really do what you expect.  If I'm looking at the contents of a
folder, click on its background and select "New Window", I expect
another view of the same folder (just like I get another view of the
same file in GIMP or the same page in Galeon if I select New Window),
not some other completely unrelated directory.

Cheeri,
Calum.