Re: embed nautilus

On 23 Sep 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 10:48, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > On 21 Sep 2002, Jacob Perkins wrote:
> > > Ok, is there any plan to have a nautilus api, or whatever would be
> > > needed to do something like this?
> >
> > No.
>
> 	I beg to differ ;-)
>
> 	I think this comes about as a consequence of other longer term things
> such as:
>
> 	a) More efficient GtkTreeView-like list view
> 	b) Moving the model into the core from the tree view component
> 	c) Moving the tree-view component into the core application
>
> 	Having done that - which is perhaps good for efficiency / code sharing,
> it should be no problem to pull in the now (remote) [ but in-proc for
> nauilus ] tree view component, although clearly it'd need some API
> loving.

It depends on libnautilus-private, which is not exported even to external
nautilus views.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fiendish Jewish grifter with a robot buddy named Sparky. She's a
wealthy red-headed fairy princess who inherited a spooky stately manor from
her late maiden aunt. They fight crime!