/dev/sda1 isn't detected automatically

Hi

I have a problem with Nautilus in RedHat 8 and I don't know if it's
RedHat related or Nautilus-related.

If I insert a CD-ROM, it automatically creates an icon which appears on
the desktop.
If I insert a USB camera or a USB hard drive, I have to manually type
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/USB to get it mounted. Or I can add it
manually in /etc/fstab but it won't be detected on plug anyway.

What should I do to have it automatically create an icon on my desktop
when plugged ?

Thanks.