Re: Preview of files from localhost

Hi Lucas,

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 16:49, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> We need to distinguish between remote protocol/local files and remote
> protocol/remote files.

	We need to push the capabilities API down into gnome-vfs; but this
hasn't happened yet - which is a great shame, but no-one has done it.
Ultimately it's a complicated problem working out what is 'local',
people may well want to configure it in interesting ways; the long and
short of it is that the code lived in eel, which didn't have enough
information to do this right (only a gnome-vfs module does).

	The other issue is of course, working out what the right API for
discovering capabilities is ;-) presumably something with an opaque type
containing a bitfield would be nice.

	HTH,

		Michael.