Re: Nautilus doesn't support https location

Hmm...

Have you tried the Galeon view within Nautilus? If you have Mozilla PSM
installed, my understanding is that the Galeon view would be able to
handle https:// locations...

-jag

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 10:38, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm getting this message when I try to access my company's internal WebDAV resources inside Nautilus window:
>
> "Couldn't display "https://host/vault/ubm/";, because Nautilus cannot handle https: locations."
>
> The same location can be accessed fine from any ssl/tls-enabled browser, and is in fact an Apache 2 WebDAV location. I can also
> use it OK from Windows as a network place/webfolder, or from IE. Also, I can use Nautilus to access non-secure WebDAV locations,
> like http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn, so WebDAV part is OK I think.
> I have a Source Mage GNU/Linux, so everything's compiled from the source code. Gnome-vfs2 libraries/modules link to libssl where
> necessary (modules/libhttp in particlar), and /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/ssl-modules.conf has "https: http" inside.
> Any hints as to how to make https work in Nautilus and with WebDAV in particular?
> Thank you!
>
> Sergey.
Joshua Adam Ginsberg	       Cellphone: 970.749.8530
Rice University '02	       Email: joshg myrealbox com
St. Mark's School of Texas '98
Support rational leadership, not paranoid reactionism!

safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"The leader of genius must have the ability to make
different opponents appear as if they belonged to one
category." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf