Re: Can't install (nor use) nautilus themes

In Gnome 2.2, theming was moved out of the applications (e.g. Nautilus)
and into a desktop wide setting. Nautilus' theme is now governed by the
Theme preference dialog in the preferences:/// menu. Hope that helps.

-jag

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 12:25, Miguel Angel Sotomayor Hernandez wrote:
> I'm using nautilus 2.2.1 and I can't install new themes or even choose
> an existing one. In this version, the preferences window shows very few
> options to change and it displays only 4 tabls (View, Behavior, Icon
> Captions and Preview). I can't even change fonts and other things I
> could change in older versions. Here is a screenshot:
>
> www-alumnos.qro.itesm.mx/~al880075/screenshot/nautilus-prefs.png
>
> How can I install themes now? what is the config file I neet to change
> to install (and choose) themes manually? is there something wrong with
> this version? do I need to install or upgrade something to be able to
> install and use themes?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Miguel Angel
Joshua Adam Ginsberg	       Cellphone: 970.749.8530
Rice University '02	       Email: joshg myrealbox com
St. Mark's School of Texas '98
Support rational leadership, not paranoid reactionism!

safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"The leader of genius must have the ability to make
different opponents appear as if they belonged to one
category." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf