Re: FR: random wallpaper changer

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 09:30, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 20:58, Petri Kanerva wrote:

> > > Right... and this also means you can't right-click on the background to
> > > pop up the parent folder's context menu like you can in the icon view,
> > > which is another consistency issue :)
> > >

> > Yep, have noticed that. Doesn't bother so much, as I'm used to it by
> > now. But could it be possible to pop the menu, if RMB is clicked under
> > the rows. Like in a directory where there are only a few items, so there
> > is blank space under the list. It would be nice to have a popup there
> > too, as currently nothing happens. IIRC in the earlies versions of
> > nautilus (gnome 1.x) it worked this way. My memory could be corrupted,
> > though.
>
> It might be possible, however there is no such area if the nr of rows is
> larger than fits the screen.

No, there isn't. But it's funny, that when there is, you can get the
popup only if you click on a row. It would be somewhat more logical,
that it's enough to click somewhere on the nautilus window. This might
again be a problem to newbies, as the popup doesn't come up from the
"blank" area of the nautilus window.
And another situaton. I have the treepane visible, and I want to drag
few files from the listview to a directory in the tree. But then I
notice the directory I'd like the files to go in to doesn't exist. So I
have to first go to the other directory to create the subdirectory, and
then go back to drag the files. If the "Create folder" would be in the
popup, and the popup would come up even when clicking on the tree, I
could create the folder right there, and drag the files straight.
Also the ability to drag a directory in the tree to another location in
the tree would be great.
I know these issues have been discussed on some occasions earlier, but
they would be a big plus for nautilus.

 Petri

--
"Getting an education was a lot like having a sexual disease. It made
you unsuitable to a lot of jobs and you had the urge to pass it on."