Need help - Install Nautilus 2.5.2/2.4.2 on Redhat 9

Hello all,

I am new to Linux and this group, and would like to appreciate any of your help in advance.

I just installed Redhat 9, and am trying to upgrade Nautilus from 2.2.1 to the latest version 2.5.2. As per the instruction, I first tried to upgrade my eel to eel 2.5.2, and got errors. I tried to install nautilus 2.4.2 as well, but got the same error messages.

Here is the error logs I got after executing ./configure under the eel 2.5.2 folder.

checking for

gconf-2.0 >= 1.1.11
gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2
gthread-2.0 >= 2
glib-2.0 >= 2
gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 1.9
gtk+-2.0 >= 2.1.0
gail >= 0.16
libart-2.0 >= 2.3.8
libgnome-2.0 >= 2.0
libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0
libxml-2.0 >= 2.4.7
libglade-2.0 >= 2.0.0...

Package gconf-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gconf-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gconf-2.0' found

Could anybody inform me how I can solve this problem? Or what else I could try?

Thanks a lot,
Fei.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com