RE: shift=and-close-the-current-folder?

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 16:21, Calum Benson wrote:
> One kind of important thing we're missing here is any knowledge of how
> many people are likely to use the keyboard to navigate file manager
> windows, and how many to navigate their workspaces.

On the Mac a lot of people use the keyboard shortcuts. I agree that the
arrow keys are good for this combined with a modifier since they give
you a nice 4-way navigation control.

I use the mouse with Nautilus, but also the keyboard. IMHO it is good to
have also well thought out shortcuts, and naturally it is very important
for accessibility.

I think Mac used Shift-Cmd-down to open a folder and close the parent,
why not use that? For virtual desktops ctrl-alt-cursors seem to work
okay..?

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>