Re: My humble opinions about Nautilus interface

Wolfgang Pichler wrote:

hi,

i am already working on a new tree ;-) - search for multi rooted tree
view.

2. Everything that Nautilus can access (filesystem, configuration, cameras, rpms, fonts, network, etc.) should be able to be accessed in an usable way from the Tree;
was discussed already - everything would only  confuse most user's. We
are going to make it configurable what get displayed.

3. The Tree selection should follow the user as he/she navigates through folders, machines, etc.;
don't know if this is a good idea. But should get discussed.

4. Right-clicking on a Tree item should bring up the same pop-up menu as when clicking on the Icon View;
Yeah - i am already looking for how i can make this (if someone cold point me to the right direction - i would be happy)

5. More Tree: when a folder does not have any subfolder, its arrow should not be visible. This means that Nautilus should scan for subfolders each folder which is expanded in the tree. (In 2.0.6, it always shows the arrow and, when there are no subfolders, an "(Empty)" subitem is shown);
thats true

6. Even more Tree: Tree items should behave exactly like Icon View items, so emblems, custom icons and context menus would work the same way. I think this envolves (a lot of) code sharing between the icon view and the Tree.
ahh - i think something like this will cause heavy overload.

mfG
Wolfi

I've been interested to see how your progressing with this new tree view. Is there anywhere that I can get the code from so that I can give it a go?

-Damien