The path to 2.4 -- part 1

OK guys, I've in mind to point here some stuff to fix/rearrange/enhance
in future releases. Something like "hey, can't we do something better
here?"

------------------------------
-- Note this file! --

Sometimes sidebar rocks, sometimes it sucks, but this is not the real
trouble: unfortunately you can access to some feature only enabling it.

For example file's notes: OK, there is the properties dialog, but there
are no way to see if you add a note to a file or a folder until you open
it in a nautilus window enabling the sidebar. Then you need
        1. have and set a viewer.
        2. show the sidebar anytime.
in order to only see that the note exist.

So a cool, _useful_ and _unique_ feature like this became not
used/useful. How many people use it? Personally don't: but only because
there are no good a quick way to find noted files and folders.

IMHO a good way to manage a note is add something like an emblem to file
and enable a tooltip with the note on mouseover.

Well, to use an emblem is not the best, 'cause you can't manage it as a
icon caption: 'cause there is a note you need a way to immediately see
the file, but I'm not sure it's the right way.

But 'cause we are already using emblems for read/write/link stuff too,
prob we can use an emblem for notes too.

I attach a couple of notes icon: smaller can be used to replace the
current one used in sidebar.

--
Think bigger

			My uncle