Re: PATCH: Thumbnail Settings

What if the option to limit thumbnailing were changed from size to time taken to thumbnail things? It would work like this: the thumbnailing algorithm could sort files based on size, and begin thumbnailing the smaller ones first, then, as the bigger ones begin to be thumbnailed, if any (three|five|ten) things take more than say 5 seconds each to be thumbnailed, automatically stop thumbnailing stuff. This could also be split for each media type (audio,video,image).

Keith Conger wrote:

Hi,

Is there a chance this can go in? With out it makes gst-thumb-nailer and
totem-thumb-nailer almost useless. Most of my video files are >100 MB.
Thanks,
Keith