Re: nautilus tree side bar

What you are describing is exactly what a lot of people have been requesting for a long while (I'm one of them). I'd like to suggest the following structure.

>home-dir
>external drives (ie floppy, flash, and the cool new burn:// uri)
>root-dir
>network (smb, nfs etc)
>printers (cups, lp, smb etc)

I do not see the need for the preferences root though. Also the latest Nautilus sidebar has changed somewhat, I'm not sure to what extent but maybe any work you intend to doing might be better done against 2.1.x ? I'd very much like to be able to help with any testing of this as I can, I'm not much of a coder so I'll help where I can.

-Damien

hi,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have the nautilus tree panel be
"multi-rooted" - so that you can have something like:
home-dir
root
smb
preferences
with an option to add more uris (cameras aso.) to it.
i've seen that it has been discussed already - but havn't found that
someone is already working on it. So I've triied to make it - you can
find a first screenshot at:
http://www.dialog-online.at/Screenshot-nautilus.png - it is compiled
against nautilus 2.0.8 and still very buggy.
So, have a look at it and let me know what you think

mfG
Wolfi