Re: remembering window size

On 9 Jan 2003, Trevor Spiteri wrote:

> Nautilus seems to remeber the window sizes for individual folders. I
> think that this behaviour is only suitable when opening each folder in a
> new window.
>
> Suppose I resize my home folder's window to be larger. Every time I
> start nautilus navigation using the home icon, the window is large, and
> all navigation from there onwards is in a large window. If I start
> navigating using "Start here", the window will be smaller, even if I
> click on the home icon in the tool bar.
>
> I find this behaviour strange. I think that there should be only one
> window size remembered by Nautilus if the "Open each file or folder in a
> new window" preference is not checked.

This used to be the case, but after a large discussion it was changed. I
don't remember all the details, but you can find them in the archives.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a notorious Republican dwarf in drag. She's a hard-bitten Bolivian opera
singer with the soul of a mighty warrior. They fight crime!