Re: writing plugins for nautilus

Le dim 19/01/2003 à 21:35, Fredrick Nilsson a écrit :
> just some extra information: the thing that i would implement would be
> best described as a "view" (thanks bocata;). the view should represent the
> portage used in gentoo. that is, when the user hits "portage:" in the
> address field, all the portages are displayed, not as folders, but
> "something else" that you could right-click and view info, install,
> upgrade and so on.

The view can be implemented using gnome-vfs modules (which aren't really
difficult to code), see
http://lidn.sourceforge.net/books/gnome-vfs/book/writing-modules.html
for a little more info about them. In short, you only have to implement
some functions to read the content of your (virtual) directory, to get
info about the files in this dir, ... and Nautilus will automatically
display it as if it was a file on your directory. Don't hesitate to ask
on gnome-vfs-list gnome org for more info.
The right-click and properties part can now be done with Nautilus 2.2,
but I don't know how it works :)

Christophe