Re: displaying uris in titlebar

Il ven, 2003-01-31 alle 16:58, Dave Bordoley ha scritto:
> Right now for special uris like fonts:// and burn:// are used for the
> window titlebar for these folders. I see several potential problems with
> these:
>
> 1. At the most basic level they are untranslatable (to the best of my
> knowledge), hence these names become about as useless as "/" to
> non-english speakers.
>
> 2. They force the implementation detail of uris upon users. Ideally we
> would provide some sort of click and open solution to accessing these
> folders (maybe via start-here or the desktop it self).

Other related troubles

3. You have to know that the uri exist

4. You have to know that the uri is "installed"

Personally I like a start-here page more like an "all available
resources" view, where you can find and manage all non-file stuff
available for/from nautilus ('Available Fonts' , 'Installed Packages' ,
'Network Servers' , 'Desktop Preferences' , 'Applications'...).

But it's a little mess, cause you can use only the filename order :-(
Something like MS Explorer's "titled" view can be appreciated for it.

--
Think bigger

			My uncle