USB Multi Tree root problem

I am running (RH9, XD2) + nautilus 2.3.6 and am having a problem with drive mounts.

I have usb drive that is configured to automatically add an entry into my fstsb,
and this works fine. However since upgrading from 2.4 to 2.3.6 the usb drive
although still updating my fstab does not appear in the "right click/disks"
submenu any more.

It will still mount with command line and when it does it appears in the multiroot
tree.
CDs work fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what has happened?

-Greg