Re: Spring Loaded Folders Reloaded

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Darryl Rees wrote:

> Another alternative idea. Press a particular hotkey at any time (not
> necessarily while dragging and dropping) while hovering over a folder to
> create a temporary window with the contents of the folder. You could
> also use this to open a file down a deep heirarchy without moving the
> nautilus 'current directory'...
>
> This would be unrelated to dragging and dropping (although usable in
> that case, of course), and so close to zillions of other old ui
> techniques there couldn't possibly be a patent on it :-)
>
> Just an idea.

This might be viable. On mac you can actually use space to bring up a
spring-loaded folder faster, but I don't think keys are mentioned in the
patent.

I need to study this a bit more.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fiendish hunchbacked shaman whom everyone believes is mad. She's a
cosmopolitan tomboy angel looking for love in all the wrong places. They fight
crime!