hiding files and directories

Heya,

Is there any way to hide some files in Nautilus other than by using the
Unix "the first character of the name is a dot" semantic ?

I'd like to hide the "iPod_Control" directory of my iPod. MacOS X hides
it properly (it's where the songs are stored, and doesn't present much
interest on its own).

I would probably also use that to hide directories in my home.

Would adding some bits to GnomeVFSFileFlags be the way to go (along with
fixing the different modules, obviously) ?

And we could add the metadata bits to Nautilus on top of that
(nautilus_file_[gs]et_metadata).

Anybody already thought this out in some way ?

PS: CC me, as I'm not on the list.
--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>