Re: Keyboard focus

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Padraig O'Briain wrote:

> Can someone help me understand keyboard focus in nautilus icon view?
>
> I can give an icon keyboard focus by pressing Ctrl+Tab when the previous icon is
> selected.
>
> Is keyboard focus used for anything other than moving around the icon view? If I
> press the space bar it is the selected icons which are activated not the icon
> which has keyboard focus.

Here is how it works:

* normal arrow keys moves around a single selected icon
* normal space activates all selected icons
* tab/shift tab moves to next/previous icon (wraps lines)

* ctrl-arrow creates a "keyboard focus" that you can move around
* ctrl-space when there is a keyboard focus toggles the selectedness of
  the icon with keyboard focus
* ctrl-tab/ctrl-shift-tab moves keyboard focus to next/previous icon

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a world-famous ninja rock star on the wrong side of the law. She's a
mentally unstable hypochondriac barmaid with a flame-thrower. They fight
crime!