Re: Dragging and droping on the desktop

MArk Finlay wrote:

Is anyone else finding dragging and dropping on the desktop with recent nautilus really glitchy?

I am.

When my pc is at idle i can drag and drop sucessfully, but it
is far from smooth. When anything is being done on my pc,
I have to DND really slowly, or when I release it will miss
the drop signal and behave like I pressed Esc.

Same behavior. Nautilus has had this problem for ages. For some reason, Konqueror too. Althogh konqueror has different symptoms: instead of having this problem, you can't drag an icon unless the first half second of the drag operation is done really slowly, or else the drag won't be detected or the mouse loses sync with the icon.

luck,