Re: Better PDF/PS/Dia thumbnailers

On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 13:02, Lars Weber wrote:
Martin Sevior <msevior physics unimelb edu au> wrote:
> > Way cool :-) I'll look into this code to see if I can get AbiWord to
make
> > thumbnails of doc,rtf,dsdw,abw,kwd,html etc files.
> >
> > (The idea would be to extract the first few lines of text and place it
> > inside a icon like the current text thumbnail does.)
>
> Hmmm... while I'm not completely sure about this I'd usually expect a
> miniature representation of the whole (first) page of such a document to
> be more helpful.  Would this be more difficult to implement?

A little but the text in the icon would be wayyyy too small to read. The
thumbnail could look like a word processor frame with top and left rulers
but only showing the first line or two of text and filling the rest of the
icon.

The idea is to guess the contents of the document at a glance.

Cheers

Martin

Regards,