trouble with nautilus desktop-entries

Hello.
I'm not on the list, please cc me to both addresses.
I've installed gnome2 with nautilus Version 2.0.7.
I tried to view with nautilus the contents of the 'trash' desktop entry,
which is in part like:
[desktop-entry]
Type: x-nautilus-trash
..and so on.
But it always opened the directory itself.
Then made a silly mistake:
i fiddled with the advanced desktop-settings (from
the 'gnome-menu') and changed the entry under
'System/application-launcher/x-gnome-app-info'
to perform kedit "%s" ... But now clicking on the icon always opened kedit.
OK, that was shit. So i removed the 'kedit' entry...
unfotrunateley i couldn't remember what was inside there before !
I let it empty hoping that was the default.
The problem is, still all desktop icons open a 'kedit' !

I looked up the GConf (Version 0.3.1) manager key entry under
/desktopgnome//url-handler/trash:
command = nautilus "%s"
(enabled)

So what can i do to gain the original settings ?
I hope it's not a reinstall, for i already did a lot of configuring the
gnome-seesion by now ....

Help greatly appreciated !

                       micha.