Re: [patch] move desktop specific entries for the trash and removable media into the mime section of the context menus

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Dave Bordoley wrote:

> Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> >

> >>Pretty simple patch (but i probably screwed it up anyway) that moves
> >>mime specific entries for desktop items (like the trash and removable
> >>media) into the mime section of the context menu.
> >>

> >Can you perhaps describe what the patch does and why you think it is
> >better that way? It seems to me just like moving some entries and adding a
> >separator that gets duplicated on everything but desktop files and the
> >trash.
> >

> The patch is meant to move desktop specific entries (empty trash,
> eject)into the mime-actions are of the context menu. This should be done
> for consistency reasons as object(mime whatever you want to call it)
> actions should always be located in the same area of the context menu
> and properties should always be the last item in the context menu. I
> have no clue why you are getting duplicate seperators.

The duplicated separator is because you added it:

-		<placeholder name="Mime Actions" delimit="none"/>
+		<placeholder name="Mime Actions" delimit="top"/>

The normal mime action delimiter is added (if needed) by the
add_bonobo_menu_ui_and_verbs() code, so this means you get two of them.
Except on trash and volume icons, where you get e.g. <separator>, eject,
<separator>, mime actions.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a lounge-singing Republican stage actor searching for his wife's true
killer. She's a high-kicking green-skinned mercenary with a flame-thrower.
They fight crime!