Re: commit: AbiWord is now a Nautilus View.

Lars Weber wrote:

2. Should nautilus views be full blown editing applications or just, as
the name suggests - a viewer that lets you look at the file before
opening it in the app to edit it. I'm not sure, maybe someone else on
the nautilus list can comment.

My impression, at least, (from changes like the one from a editable
text-view to a non-editable one, for example) was that such componentes
should only be used as a viewer and not be editable.  Not sure whether
that's really the official position, though.

Regards,
Lars
Well in my experience the nautilus text view really just gets in my way more often than not (because it doesn't support editting). Hence views supporting editting would probably be more useful to users than simply be used to view content ( and don't tell me that i should i just adjust my mime handlers, since regular users should be able to just point and click on documents to manipulate them and not have to mess up with the defaults).

dave