Re: commit: AbiWord is now a Nautilus View.

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 10:04, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I don't like views supporting editing at all. It's not clear that you're
> actually modifying the file when messing around with it in nautilus, and
> its very unclear when the modified state is written to the file (saved).
>
> I prefer views to be views. If you want to edit something, launch an app
> with an explicit load-edit-save cycle. Confusion with stuff like this can
> cause data-loss for users, which is very very bad.

I 100% agree, but IMHO nautilus should make easier to launch the
associated app from the view. My idea is that if you double click on the
view on the associated app is launched.
Another improvement would be an "Open with $app" context menu from
within the view (should be easy since we already have it when you select
the file).
I know we have the button on the side pane, but the sidepane is hidden
by default and many peolple don't use it (at least I don't).

ciao
	paolo