Re: Major change in desktop handling

I don't write a lot to this list, but I read it very interested.

> NOTE NOTE NOTE:
> As part of this change the directory for the desktop was changed from
> ~/.gnome-desktop to ~/Desktop.
> I just wanted to say this first so nobody misses it.

Please, NO.

I can see my desktop, well... on my desktop. There is no need IMHO to
clutter up my home with a visible directory. That should really be
hidden in a .desktop directory.

(Yep, I just read the reply to Andy Tai's post stating the same, but I
have to raise my voice here.)

  karsten

--
Hi, I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!