Nautilus and cdda

Hello folks,
   I'm looking around at the nautilus code attempting to find a good
solution to some package related problem with nautilus and cdparanoia.
The questions involved are quite basic. Just why is nautilus linking to
libcdda, and why there isn't a configure check for it.

Could somone explain what the "volume" means in
libnautilus-private/nautilus-volume-monitor.c ?

Currently my view is that nautilus is bloated as is, and got a lot of
external references and packages "needed" down the line, so I'm a more
than a bit reluctant to add even more with cdparanoia.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!