Re: cannot enter a folder

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Jens Ansorg wrote:

> using Nautilus 2.4.0
>
> Under my Documents Ihave a folder for Images with various subfolders.
> One of them I cannot enter/open/change into with nautilus. I get an
> errormessage about "The Image collection view " beeing unable to
> starting up.

This is a bug in Eye of Gnome and I would appreciate it very much if you
could provide more information on this issue. Maybe you can also add an
bugzilla entry (product: eog, component: collection).

> I tried the tree sidepane. I can expand the folder there, I see
> subfolders, I can enter the subfolders of the broken one but I see
> nooooo way to open this one because I always get the "view error".
>
> It would be wise for nautilus to fall back to a default view if one of
> those special views fail.
>
> Now, how can I disable this Icon view to be able to show this folder in
> nautilus again?

Can't you just use the View selector in the location toolbar to switch to
the nautilus icon view again?

Regards,

  Jens