Re: Nautilus View / Listeners compared with Windows Namespace extension questions

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 11:17, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> So, really we want people to sort of ignore views, at least for
> directories, and tell us what sort of extensions they want to do of the
> standard directory views.

This is possibly the best new feature I have heard of. This will make it
so much easier to add functionality to Nautilus. Thanks a bunch.

Here are the few things I could think of for extensions:
* Add icon captions (for possible display of inline exif information)
* Take over thumbnailing (so as to generate better quality thumbnails
for larger icons).