Re: Nautilus 2.6 - We're going all spatial

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 23:58, Seth Nickell wrote:
> >       * If "navigation mode" is only available from the menu bar or a
> >         right click menu and everything on the desktop opens in "object"
> >         mode by default, then users who prefer the navigation mode
> >         (which might even be the majority of them :-))
>
> I don't believe its going to be anywhere near a majority (I would expect
> it to be substantially less than 10%) if you're looking at using GNOME
> as any sort of corporate desktop. Furthermore, I believe there's very
> strong overlap between people who prefer navigation mode and people who
> don't and won't use Nautilus to a significant extent anyway, preferring
> the terminal.

There was a suggestion some time ago to have a "view as terminal" to
provide users with the convenience of doing full or partial hierarchal
navigation and directory manipulation working, and a fast way to switch
between the modes.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.