Re: volumes mark 2

On 19 Sep 2003, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Also on the desktop, as before, is trash, mounted removable media,
> plugged in hardware (mp3 players, cameras etc) and links to connected
> servers. I'm not sure whether we want a "Computer" link on the
> desktop, but I think not. Its not a commonly used thing, since all the
> mounted volumes are already reachable from the desktop.

I am having quite a few concerns about this - however I migt verry well
not fit the average user profile...

In day to day work I have quite a few (above 10) "removable media mounts",
mostly SMB-shares. Allthough I do *use* these shares I have no need for
them all to be on the desktop.
I'd really prefer a "Computer" view that allowed me to easily put
shortcuts on the desktop.

An alternative to this would be to have an option to not show removable
shares - but I do feel that this *is* a good feature (i.e. that new
removable shares appear on the desktop).

Just my two cents..

Peter Lundqvist                              /'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Studentv. 32:22B                             \ / No HTML/RTF in email
752 34 Uppsala                                ×  No Word docs in email
Sweden                                       / \ Respect for open standards