Re: volumes mark 2

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 09:09, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Why bother messing up the Desktop with links? It's the same problem with
> this "desktop-as-home" stuff. The Desktop will have a Home icon on it. Users
> can create links to stuff in their homedir if they want to, but let's not
> confuse their understanding of what Home is, and what the Desktop is. They
> can sort that out for themselves if they want to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine if thigs stay the way they are
now ;)

What it is being discussed is a way to get rid of the Home-Desktop
loop: so in this context the Home icon on the Desktop has to go, and on
the desktop you have icons of "Documents", "Images" etc.
I was just saying that _if_ we do this I would really prefer those dirs
to physically be in home (~/Documents, ~/Images, etc) instead of buried
in ~/Desktop/Documents etc...

ciao
	paolo