problem with sftp support in nautilus

hi all

I tried out to enbable sftp suppport in nautilus with gnome-vfs-sftp-0.1.2
The packaage compiled successfully and "make install" gave me some new
libraries:

/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libsftp.a
/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libsftp.la
/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libsftp.so

The somehow small README of the package says:
This is a GNOME VFS method for secure FTP, as distributed in OpenSSH
and SSH version 2. It provides the sftp:// URI method for all GNOME
VFS-aware applications.

After restarting, nautilus didn't recognize the "sftp://user host"
A recompiling of nautilus didn't help too.

What I am doing wrong ?

Hope anyone reading this can help me enable sftp support in nautilus.

Daniel