Re: Custom file associations priority bug?

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 11:58 +0200, Christian Neumair wrote:

Hi,

> > Sorry, I can't really help you when it comes to fixing nautilus.
> > Instead, I can offer you to apply the attached patch to
> > shared-mime-info, remake it and try it again. For me, it worked:
> >
> > touch test.ssh && ./test-mime test.ssh
> > File "test.ssh" has a mime-type of application/x-gs2ssh
>
> Do'h. Forgot to attach it.

I think it is a better idea to use the possibility to add custom
mime-info descriptions instead of patching the default file.

Just copy the attached file to

~/.local/share/mime/packages/
/usr/local/share/mime/packages/
or
/usr/share/mime/packages/

and run

update-mime-database .local/share/mime
update-mime-database /usr/local/share/mime
or
update-mime-database /usr/share/mime

than you should restart nautilus and it recognizes .ssh files.

Regards
	Jan Arne Petersen
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mime-info xmlns="http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info";>