Re: concerning right-click Open Terminal

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 11:45:44AM +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 17:36 -0400, L Harrington wrote:
> > How can I change what gets run from an Open Terminal right-click on the
> > Nautilus desktop?  I want to set it to have a wider width (who uses
> > 80x25 anymore? heh) but someone told me Nautilus has this as a
> > compile-time option (!).  anyone care to enlighten me? thanks :)
>
> Desktop Preferences->Advanced->Preferred Applications->Terminal Emulator

Assuming you mean you can set a size by setting the terminal to 'custom
termina' and then giving it flags (--geometry=NNNxNNN+N+N) that's VERY
user-unfriendly I think.  It requires far too much knowledge from the
user.  An 'use this size as default' button would be much better (IMHO
of course).  Personally I don't want to lose the nautilus placement of
where terminals go, but I would like to start terminal with a larger
height width than default withouth having to remember the exact syntax
of --geometry :)

Is this something that a bug should be filed for?

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain