Re: Appearance of the new Add-Application dialog

Even if we hadn't such transition problems I'd vote for adding an
application list to te dialog as there are and will always be
applications which don't corretly register themselves with the mime
system. Besides that there will always be the possibility of bugs in
shared-mime-info which can lead to the same problems. So, why make it
hard for the user?
I also vote for adding a list of known applications. Application programmers or distributors will probably always forget to register some mime types. In this case having a list is a great relief.

--

Christian Schneider