Re: dead nfs mount blocks opening other folders

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 12:32 +0000, Laszlo Kovacs wrote:

> > I'm not sure what you mean. Say we get the first item in the high prio
> > queue, and that item is already being processes (directory->details-
> >
> >>get_info_in_progress != NULL). What do you want to do in this case?
>
> Skip it (in the "while" loop) and move to the next one? They are all
> async anyway. We need to make sure that all the other code that works
> with the lists as well still works with whatever changes are made.

You can't do that when the operation is outstanding. It only does one
operation at a time.

> I think this needs some careful examination to actually propose a fix
> (patch).

Yes.

> When I looked through this code my feeling was it was overly complicated
> and could use some simplification:-)

Maybe. This is pretty complicated code, yes, but its also the core of
nautilus, and as such its ok if it is complicated, as long as it works
well.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a superhumanly strong alcoholic gangster on a search for his missing
sister. She's a cosmopolitan impetuous mercenary married to the Mob. They
fight crime!