Re: Video thumbnails

El mié, 15-12-2004 a las 20:19 +0100, Jaap Haitsma escribió:
> In fact you only need to erase ~/.thumbnails/failed
> So that for instance the disadvantage that Xavier is mentioning of that
> the GIMP has to regenerate the thumbnails.
>
> The thing what happened with me is that when I put the video on my PC my
> thumbnailer was not working. After a few upgrades of gstreamer it
> started work but there was an entry in the failed directory.
>
> So the only thing that should happen IMHO is that Nautilus should
> remove the ~/.thumbnails/failed every 3 months or so.

This is definitely better.  In fact, I would prefer a shorter time
frame.

If you look at it, this is something that should be addressed in some
way because the system should know when to regenerate a thumbnail when
the capability has been added to the system.   So it should know when to
verify the failed thumbnails again.

-William