Re: Feedback: Six Nautilus annoyances

>> 6. Please provide a checkbox/knob to make Nautilus remember the
background
>> images or colors on folder case by case. I would like my home ~ to have a
>> nice girlie background image with fade pink hearts, but I don't want my
>> /usr/local/bin to be the same. ;-D
>I believe this is curremtly possible. When you select the background and
>emblems preference dialog, and you drag a color (or tile) to the window
>you want to set it on, hold the alt key, and you should get a nice
>context menu that lets you set it per folder.

A-ha! Indeed, thanks. However, I really find this a very un-elegant way of
doing something that is possibly quite common among average usage. For
example, except the fact that there is a serious discoverability issue with
the ALT key about this, I need to press ALT key *after* I started dragging
my image file to the nautilus window, because otherwise Metacity grabs the
ALT key and moves the window instead of displaying the context menu you are
mentioning. Currently is just not nicely done...

I believe that this whole deal would be much simpler for everyone if there
was a checkbox at the end of the Backgrounds dialog letting you set that
option.

Eugenia