Re: Feedback: Six Nautilus annoyances

El mar, 17-02-2004 a las 17:19, Dave Camp escribió:

> That is why I said "executed scripts, programs, etc." and not "just
> shell scripts".

alright.  I thought you meant all executable programs only.

> > I don't know what was  the guy who "changed nautilus to cwd $HOME before
> > running an app" thinking...  perhaps he thought he would hide broken
> > apps' nuisances this way.  It is organically better to fix broken apps
> > instead of relying on someone else to provide workarounds.
>
> Respecting the CWD in an app can't really be called 'broken behavior'.

I am advocating the exact opposite of what I interpreted you thought I
was advocating.

(well thats confusing)

From what Eugenia posted, I infer Nautilus currently doesn't respect the
CWD.  It instead changes the CWD to $HOME before launching the app or
document.

Not respecting the CWD is what I call broken behavior.  Launching apps
with CWD set to $HOME is broken behavior.

--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: 0xC1033CAD at keyserver.net