Re: nautilus loves to preview unfinished files

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 09:48, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 08:30, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > So, Galeon (I don't know about epiphany) marks partially downloaded
> > files as foo.bar.part, and upon completion renames them to foo.bar.
> >
> > Nautilus loves to keep repreviewing these files, and eating up all my
> > CPU time in the process. Nautilus also likes to repreview files that
> > it's copying from one server to my home.
> >
> > Surely it would be better to not have nautilus preview files until they
> > are done? Perhaps instead just use the clock on the page icon (maybe if
> > people were feeling smart, do the MacOSX bar filling as it's
> > transferred).
>
> How would you do it though?

A global list of files which Nautilus knows it is manipulating (copying
etc) and is checked before the thumbnailer kicks in?  If the scheduling
is correct, nautilus could ignore every but the last change notification
for files which it copied.

Obviously this wouldn't work for files I copy in a terminal, but that's
acceptable.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712